2 of 2
Burnt White and Blue to be Re-Released!
Posted: 24 April 2013 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2009-11-13

wahoooooooo! this IS awesome news! apparently i’m not on the email list either—do i put my email address here or is there another place that’s better to sign up?

Posted: 24 April 2013 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2009-06-15

For all that didn’t get the email…check if your email is correct in your profile

Signature 

Jeff

First Trip Show: Coffman Memorial Union - Octoberish, 1989

We have audio of you so-called lalalalalaloooo-ers.  And just because the audio isn’t of your faces doesn’t mean we can’t identify you. At this very moment that audio is on its way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Pillaging Matt since 2010

Posted: 25 April 2013 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  360
Joined  2009-06-25
Spike - 21 April 2013 04:39 PM

Yahooooo! Oh dear, this is welcome news to end a dreary and painful week. My spirits have been so low, this is a wish I have long dared not to expect.

If this can happen, what other wild wishes do you have? Maybe anything really IS possible!

You and me both, Spike. Glory be!

I wish for Matt to post on the main page with eyes blinking and for a new TTH album and world peace.

And I hope that when I come to Mpls. all the way from Nebraska on glorious May 9, that I will get to hear “Late.” But even if they sing Matt’s grocery list, I will be happy.

Posted: 25 April 2013 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  360
Joined  2009-06-25

My email is correct in the profile, and I didn’t get it either. And I think I’ve signed up for emails twice.

Posted: 26 April 2013 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2009-07-07

I was just looking for an old message exchange between myself and another Matt fan on Sunday about this exciting news.  I did receive the email (but not at my current most often used email address) and I guessed immediately the extra track would be “Painkiller”.  I was going to post proof that I had guessed it, but the date and time of the chat was after the response here from Matt.  Would you please believe me that I haven’t been on the forum in a couple weeks?? Now, what do I win?

Signature 

First Trip Shakespearience: June 13, 1987 “River Days” Kaukauna, WI. I was 16.

Posted: 01 May 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  312
Joined  2009-07-21
Dr. Neau - 21 April 2013 10:55 AM

Oh…you know what I think they did play: Crying.  And it was epic.

Yes, it was epic.  Sometime after the first round of BW&B tours with a full band, just Matt and Steve took to rambling.  I saw them about a half dozen times in different cities.  I think Matt closed almost every show with “Crying”.

You all might remember these posts from July 2009…

Robbie V - 21 July 2009 07:30 AM

I’ve got another request…

He closed the set with “Crying” by Roy Orbison.  It was amazing!  I don’t remember being so stunned into submission by a song except for maybe some renderings of “If you Miss Me”, “Honeytree” or “Fool of the Wicked Kind” from back in the Trip days….

That’s a cover that I would LOVE to have in my repertoire of song stylings from the brothers Wilson and John!  Anyone, please let me know if there is a version floating around out there somewhere…

Dr. Neau - 21 July 2009 07:33 AM

As you wish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He8tSj4pvhw

I laughed it off at the time but talk about a spirit crusher by Dr. Neau…

Posted: 02 May 2013 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-15

Well, if it’s any consolation, you just got revenge…

Signature 

Jeff

We have audio of you so-called lalalalalaloooo-ers.  And just because the audio isn’t of your faces doesn’t mean we can’t identify you. At this very moment that audio is on its way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Posted: 28 March 2015 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-15
Matt - 21 April 2013 01:04 PM

Hi!

The new song is “No Painkiller” - a heavy guitar sort of version. Very raucous bass by Dan, lots feedback guitar from Jacques. Mellotron strings.

Changes the flavor of the album a lot to end on this one rather than “Hello Caller”. Just different.

I wish I could play it for you now, but of course I HAVE to make you wait!

Thanks for caring,
Matt

Still waiting…still caring…

Signature 

Jeff

Posted: 28 March 2015 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2009-07-07

Matt fans are patient fans.

Signature 

First Trip Shakespearience: June 13, 1987 “River Days” Kaukauna, WI. I was 16.

Posted: 30 March 2015 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2009-06-08

...and carefully caring.

2 of 2