Twilight Hours at Mears park 7/10
Posted: 10 July 2015 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  837
Joined  2009-06-12

Just a really quick post about last night’s show.

Perfect weather.  Packed park.  Lots and lots of long-time fans there:  Spike, Kat, Dan, Jane, Janis, Owlface, Aaron.  I thought Dan might be a bit miffed when fans from Kansas City got a shout-out.  Dan certainly traveled farther.

A probably incomplete set list:

Maybe
Dreams
Sioux City Swinger

At about this point, I saw John’s dad walking around in a yellow summer shirt with a matching bow tie.  The man looked sharp.  And then I saw the dad dancing with his young daughter who was (and obviously would be forever) in a wheelchair.  That wrecked me.  My lord am I grateful for such wonderful parents and grace filled children on this earth. 

A new song?!  There was honestly a song I did not recognize.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Forgot Me Now.  With a major jam for Matt and Jacques.
Help Me Find the Way.
Anymore
Everlasting Streams
Call Me Up
Telephone.  Hard rocking.
Queen of Tomorrow.  Matt’s voice was a bit slow to settle in.  He was rusty from the start; there were scratches in the groove, so to speak.  This was the first song in which I felt that he was in full, pure voice.
Descender.  Jacques went full Trey Anastasio on this one (what can I say?  The Grateful Dead farewell was in the air).  And Steve went full Animal on the drum kit.  This was pure euphoria.
Alone.  Soaring vocals.  More euphoria.
My Return.
John mentioned that the new record would be released “this year.”  Wishful thinking?  Public pressure on Matt?  A thin reed on which to hang hope in any event.

Wonderful to see these guys in action after such a long layoff.  And wonderful to see so many familiar faces, if only briefly.

Posted: 10 July 2015 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2111
Joined  2009-06-08

Thanks for the info! I can’t even believe that it really happened- better get ready to fly to Minneapolis in the near future

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 10 July 2015 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2009-07-07

The new song is an old one (Steve Roehm once told me it’s an unrecorded Trip song?) called Flow. They played it once at The Varsity at a Christmas show…2011?
Matt also played this one with The Hopefuls at The Fitzgerald (The Current’s Guest Session Sundays). Egad, long ago…before The Twilight Hours formed. I’m going to guess 2006?

Signature 

First Trip Shakespearience: June 13, 1987 “River Days” Kaukauna, WI. I was 16.

Posted: 11 July 2015 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  360
Joined  2009-06-25

Thanks for this! Let’s hope for an album release show soon.

Posted: 13 July 2015 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  837
Joined  2009-06-12
jane - 10 July 2015 08:32 PM

The new song is an old one (Steve Roehm once told me it’s an unrecorded Trip song?) called Flow. They played it once at The Varsity at a Christmas show…2011?
Matt also played this one with The Hopefuls at The Fitzgerald (The Current’s Guest Session Sundays). Egad, long ago…before The Twilight Hours formed. I’m going to guess 2006?

Thanks, Jane.  I was at the Varsity show, so I guess I’ve heard it at least once before.  I should have recognized it.

Posted: 13 July 2015 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

Regarding Flow-(I just flashbacked to that show Alice and Kiss My Grits) I am so easily distracted….anyway…as I was saying….

Can you recite the lyrics of Flow for me? Or at least some of it? I’m intrigued…

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 14 July 2015 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-07

Kara, I posted it on my facebook. You can check it out there. Well, a portion from the middle anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2015 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

Thanks Jane-the audio stinks on my end….but I can tell that I never even heard this song before which is truly amazing! Hopefully this and many more are in my live version audio future

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 16 July 2015 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-07

My sound on my camera video was crap. Sorry guys!

Here are the links to my earlier crappy too short videos from 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha511NPzJ7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-uUV2rVIQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JECerh3ZiOk

Flow. Know it. Love it.

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2015 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2009-06-15

The extreme lack of YouTubery from the last show is HIGHLY disappointing…

Signature 

Jeff

First Trip Show: Coffman Memorial Union - Octoberish, 1989

We have audio of you so-called lalalalalaloooo-ers.  And just because the audio isn’t of your faces doesn’t mean we can’t identify you. At this very moment that audio is on its way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Pillaging Matt since 2010

Posted: 05 August 2015 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-07

It’s a travesty. I agree.

Signature