Spike Solo
Posted: 21 July 2015 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2009-06-15

I had the pleasure of seeing Spike’s first full solo performance on 7/11/2015 (if you don’t include the one song he did at his 50th birthday).

He’s been kind enough to do the mixing for every Direct Assault gig, and this time he did us the additional favor of being our opener.

There he was, up in front of us naked with clothes on.  Just him, his guitar and his cowboy hat.

The 5 songs played:
- What You Gonna Be? (Spike)
- I Believe (Spike)
- Sacred Conspiracy (Spike)
- Creep (Radiohead)
- Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)

Very well done, all with calmness and poise…and only minutes after the Beast’s radiator hose exploded all over 11th St. S.  I can’t imagine what was going through his mind, realizing right before his first solo performance that he was stranded 160 miles from home with his wife.

Signature 

Jeff

First Trip Show: Coffman Memorial Union - Octoberish, 1989

We have audio of you so-called lalalalalaloooo-ers.  And just because the audio isn’t of your faces doesn’t mean we can’t identify you. At this very moment that audio is on its way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Pillaging Matt since 2010

Posted: 22 July 2015 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  837
Joined  2009-06-12

Nice job, Spike, and thanks for the report, Dr.

How did the Beast fare?  Did the folks at the Frank Lloyd Wright station fix it up?

Posted: 22 July 2015 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-15

I’ll let him give the full report on the Beast, but I’ll say this: If anyone has AAA and your rates go up next cycle, you know who to blame.

Signature 

Jeff

We have audio of you so-called lalalalalaloooo-ers.  And just because the audio isn’t of your faces doesn’t mean we can’t identify you. At this very moment that audio is on its way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Posted: 22 July 2015 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2009-07-07

I’m sad I missed this. AND you guys were really missed at Mears.
The Beast is just living down its name.

Signature 

First Trip Shakespearience: June 13, 1987 “River Days” Kaukauna, WI. I was 16.

Posted: 22 July 2015 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-15

Catch Spike’s next solo performance on October 3rd in Cloquet at 8pm sharp.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1440716799554236/

Signature 

Jeff

Posted: 24 July 2015 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2111
Joined  2009-06-08

Spike, I’m so happy you are stepping into the spotlight! Perhaps someday I’ll be there in person!

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis